Balloon Sinuplasty is a minimally invasive procedure, meaning it requires no cutting and no removal of bone and tissue, to clear the sinuses and eliminate the recurring symptoms of chronic sinusitis. Balloon sinuplasty can be done quickly with topical anesthesia in Dr. Dobleman’s office.
Dr. Dobleman was the first physician in Easten Nebraska to be certified to begin using balloon sinuplasty. His special experience gives new confidence to patients who are running out of hope.
Balloon sinuplasty uses a small, flexible, balloon catheter to open up blocked sinus passageways and facilitate drainage of the mucus that builds up in patients suffering from sinusitis symptoms. When the balloon is inflated, it restructures and widens the walls of the sinus passageway while maintaining the integrity of the sinus lining.
Benefits of Balloon Sinuplasty include:
- Nonsurgical procedure. No cutting of bone or tissue.
- No general anesthesia – only topical anesthesia
- Quick! Balloon Sinuplasty typically only takes 15 – 25 minutes
- Location – can be done in a comfortable office setting rather than a hospital operating room
- Patient satisfaction – most patients highly recommend balloon sinuplasty to family and friends
- Cost Savings – some eligible patients have lower out-of-pocket costs because the prodecure is performed in Dr. Dobleman’s office as opposed to in the hospital.